Friday, June 28, 2013

Where's the Dornfelder??

Adding Otium Cellars to my list of wineries to visit (http://www.otiumcellars.com/). It appears this vineyard makes a Dornfelder wine.. one that I've had great difficulty finding since coming back to CONUS. On the rare occasion that I do find a Dornfelder in the wine store.. I've been dissapointed with the quality. Is it me or is Germany not exporting any of it's decent Dorn? The best I had was one I picked up at a Weingut just outside of Stuttgart - unfiltered, wish I could remember the name of it. But everything I've had back here in the states just can't compare. I'm putting high hopes on Otium Cellars and will definitely post my thoughts once I visit.

If anyone runs into another vineyard producing Dornfelder.. drop me a note!

No comments:

Post a Comment